We invite you to share and experience the writing styles of Northern Kentucky University…

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Farewell from Editor Jennifer Whalen



Dear, Writers,

I hope everyone’s finals went smoothly and that you have set some time aside this weekend to relax and celebrate! Also, for those of you graduating: Congratulations and good luck with all your future endeavors!

Since this week has been my last as the Editor of Loch Norse Magazine, I wanted to thank all of you for a beautiful year. It has been nothing short than awe-inspiring to watch this writing community grow and transform. I hope you have had time to sit down with the magazine, the artifact of this multifaceted writing community we have built. If you have not, it is on the third and fifth floors of Landrum and completely free. It will also be on campus all next year, so please read it and share it with others.

This year has taught me the amazing things that can be accomplished with drive and passion by even the smallest group of people. The help I received from my editorial staff is invaluable, but it would all be impossible if it wasn’t for you, the writers, who worked so hard to improve and share your own writing, as well as work to improve and experience others.

I have no doubt in my mind the amazing things this community will continue to do, especially under the vision and leadership of the new Editor, Rex Trogdon. I am blessed to have spent this year growing with such talented writers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Jennifer Whalen

No comments:

Post a Comment